Online Test of Chapter 3 Metals and Non-Metals Test 3 Science| Class 10th
1. The border line elements, which neither fit with metals nor with non-metals are known as
2. A mineral is known as an ore of a metal if the metal
(a) can be produced from it.
(b) cannot be produced from it.
(c) is very costly.
(d) can be produced from it profitably.
3. Electrolytic reduction is used in the extraction of
(a) Highly electropositive elements.
(b) Highly electronegative elements.
(c) Noble metals.
(d) Transition metals.
4. Which metal among the following is present in human blood?
5. Which of the following pairs will give displacement reaction?
(a) NaCI solution and copper metal
(b) MgCl2 solution and aluminium metal
(c) FeS04 solution and silver metal
(d) AgNO3 solution and copper metal
6. Roasting is done generally in case of
(a) Carbonate ore
(b) sulphide ore
(c) oxide ore
(d) silicate ore
7. Food cans are coated with tin and not zinc because
(a) Zinc is costlier than tin.
(b) Zinc has higher melting point than tin.
(c) Zinc is more reactive than tin
(d) Zinc is less reactive than tin.
8. A substance which reacts with gangue to form a fusible material is called
9. German silver is an alloy of
(a) Copper, nickel and silver
(b) Silver. copper and aluminium
(c) Zinc, copper and nickel
(d) Silver. zinc and copper
10. Thermite is a mixture of iron(III) oxide and
(a) Zinc powder
(d) Aluminium powder
Chapter 3 Metals and Non-Metals Quiz 3| Class 10th
0 of 10 questions completed
Click on “Start Quiz” to Take Test
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
The border line elements, which neither fit with metals nor with non-metals are known asCorrect
Question 2 of 10
A mineral is known as an ore of a metal if the metalCorrect
Question 3 of 10
Electrolytic reduction is used in the extraction ofCorrect
Question 4 of 10
Which metal among the following is present in human blood?Correct
Question 5 of 10
Roasting is done generally in case ofCorrect
Question 6 of 10
Food cans are coated with tin and not zinc becauseCorrect
Question 7 of 10
A substance which reacts with gangue to form a fusible material is calledCorrect
Question 8 of 10
German silver is an alloy ofCorrect
Question 9 of 10
Thermite is a mixture of iron(III) oxide andCorrect
Question 10 of 10
The impurities associated with ore used in metallurgy are calledCorrect