1. Which of the following statement is correct about the atom of an element?
(a) an atom can have only protons and neutrons but no electrons.
(b) an atom can have only electrons and neutrons but no protons
(c) an atom can have only electron and proton but no neutron
(d) an atom must always have a proton, neutron and electron
2. The number of valence electrons in a sulphide ion, S2-, is:
3. The isotopes of an element contain:
(a) same number of neutrons but different number of protons
(b) same number of neutrons but different number of electrons
(c) different number of protons as well as different number of neutrons
(d) different number of neutrons but same number of protons
4. In an atom valence electrons are present in
(a) 1st shell
(b) 2nd shell
(c) Outermost shell
(d) Last but one shell
5. There are two species represented as 35C1 and 37C1. Which of the following statement is correct regarding these species?
(a) they have different chemical properties
(b) their physical properties are the same
(c) they have the same number of protons
(d) they are isobars of the same element
6. In a sample of ethyl ethanoate (CH3COOC2H5), the two oxygen atoms have the same number of electrons but different number of neutrons. Which of the following is the correct reason for it?
(a) one of the oxygen atoms has gained electrons
(b) one of the oxygen atoms has gained protons
(c) the two oxygen atoms are isotopes
(d) the two oxygen atoms are isobars
7. The number of valence electrons in a graphite atom is:
8. The atomic numbers of four elements A, B, C and D are 12, 13, 15 and 3 respectively. The element which cannot form a cation is:
9. For an element, Z = 9. The valency of this element will be:
10. Four elements W, X, Y and Z contain 8, 11, 9 and 17 protons per atom respectively. The element which cannot form an anion is most likely to be:
Chapter 4 Structure of Atom Quiz 3| Class 9th
Time limit: 0
0 of 10 questions completed
Click on ‘Start Quiz’ to Take Test.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)